On this two-and-a-half day course you’ll make a large brisket carving knife, cooking fire pit, and an asado BBQ. Best of all you’ll learn how to use them.
No BBQ or metalwork experience necessary; this course is suitable for anyone age 16 and up.
Learn to BBQ like no-one else
This isn’t your average BBQ.
This course is all about South-American asado style BBQ. An asado BBQ in action is a spectacular sight and produces a mouth-watering aroma. It consists of a spit, a horizontal grill, and a fire pit. The stand-out feature of an asado is the spit, which can be set on a succession of angles between 90 and 0 degrees above the fire pit.
A South American tradition, the asado BBQ can also be used to cook in a variety of other BBQ styles, including some you may already be familiar with, that use spits and grills.
Of course, a spectacular BBQ deserves spectacular equipment. Asides from making your own asado BBQ, you’ll also be making a massive stainless steel carving knife out of fine Swedish cutlery steel.
This course costs $1,050 per person and includes a BBQ dinner at the end of the first full day where you’ll learn how to cook asado style.
A total of 8 places are available on this course, with lessons taught round-robin fashion in groups of four people. This ensures an excellent instructor to student ratio.
If you’re looking to buy an asado BBQ, we highly recommend Canberra business Asado Cruz. They sell ready-made asado BBQs and ship around Australia.
Accommodation is available on-site and transfers from the airport or bus-station are free.
- Make an asado cross, fire pit, and stainless brisket knife
- You'll learn how to cook asado style
- First night runs from 7pm till 10pm
- Remaining two days run from 8am to approx 5pm (later for BBQ night)
- Includes workshop use, materials, tuition, and insurance
- All personal protective equipment supplied
- Make sure long hair is tied back
- Please wear long pants and enclosed footware
- Light refreshments included
- Please bring your own lunch (fridge and microwave available)
|Tharwa Valley Forge
Venue Information - Tharwa Valley Forge
Tharwa Valley Forge is located at 11 Naas Road in Tharwa ACT. Parking is located next to the Forge in the signposted carpark. Fridge and microwave available for storing and reheating lunches.