Tharwa Valley Forge employs Instructors in a range of disciplines as well as Cutlers for a production work. Applicants are asked to show example of their work in portfolios that best demonstrate their skills.
We look for instructors with strong people skills as well as extensive experience in the following areas
- Wood working
Current vacancies are listed below
We are looking for a Leatherworker to join our team. This role is initially part-time with a view to full-time employment for the right person.
Duties will initially include:
- Design and production of leather-goods
- Creating items commissioned by our private clients
- Teaching leatherwork classes
We are looking for a patient and emotionally intelligent person who is keen to share their craft with the public. The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Is a proficient leatherworker
- Lives within one hour of Tharwa
- Has own transport
- Is good with people
- Desires to pursue their craft professionally
- Is committed to the ideal of artistic growth via collaboration
This role offers the following benefits:
- A reliable income supplemented by generous bonuses for each class taught
- Access to a modern, fully-equipped leatherwork studio
- The opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from, some of Australia’s best bladesmiths and blacksmiths
- An environment where hard work and commitment are rewarded with autonomy and flexibility
- Significant exposure via social and legacy media that will boost your profile as an artist
Applicants are invited to apply for this position by submitting a one-page resume, a photographic portfolio, and a one-page cover letter that addresses the following:
- What has been your most frustrating artistic failure?
- What is the most useful quality or skill for a teacher to have? Why?
- You’re having a dinner party and can invite any three people from throughout human history. Who do you invite? Why?
Applications will remain open until we find the right person.
To meet with the increasing popularity of our courses, Tharwa Valley Forge is looking for contract teachers.
We are looking for people willing to share their skills with the enthusiastic students that attend our courses. Our students come from all walks of life and are keen to make something with their hands with your guidance.
Requirements of the position
- Good knowledge of the subject
- Strong hand skills
- Proven record of making things
- Well organised
- Attention to detail
- Confident speaker
- Anticipates needs, uses initiative
- Skills in helping people recover from mistakes
- Interested in working with people
- Keen to be part of a team of dynamic makers
In the following areas
- Other Traditional Crafts
Available for 1 - 3 courses per month operating at our Tharwa workshops